401(k) to Gold IRA Rollover
For years, investors with 401(k)s looking to protect their retirement with an IRA only had the option to build a portfolio of stocks, bonds or other paper currency backed assets. In 1974, the US Government passed a law called the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This new law paved the way for the formation of the Individual Retirement Account. Prior to this law being passed, working Americans that did not have a traditional form of employment could not easily leverage tax-deferred benefits of retirement accounts. Today, anyone can open an Individual Retirement Account and leverage the same tax benefits that traditional retirement accounts offer. Goldco offers a form of a Self Directed IRA. What this means is that you have full control over your investments. You no longer have to choose from a select few funds that your employer offers. With a Self Directed IRA, you can invest in real estate, bonds, private businesses, precious metals, and more. Recently, the volatility of the stock market has drawn many future retirees to execute a gold IRA rollover, protecting their future via the investment security of gold.
A Safe Investment for Uncertain Times
These uncertain economic times call for an investment strategy that takes the worry out of retiring. Many are still feeling the effects of the 2008 recession. Some experts are predicting another recession coming very soon. With rising costs of living, inflation, many are choosing the security of physical precious metals, which are generally inflation resistant. The price of gold generally rises over time. An IRA that is locked on to just one investment avenue is a risky strategy, making diversifying with gold and other precious metals an easy decision. Now an investment strategy that was once only available to the independently wealthy can be taken advantage of by anyone interested in investing in their future.
Initiating a Gold IRA Rollover is Easy
Beginning the gold IRA rollover process is simple. It allows you to transfer all or part of your current IRA into gold using a simple process. Choosing IRA approved gold can be daunting, but the experts at Goldco can help you maximize your portfolio.
- Fill out our form with your contact information and a precious metal expert will be in contact with you shortly to help you answer any questions about a rollover.
- Your point of contact at Goldco will send you a free comprehensive guide, either through mail or by e-mail, your choice. This guide will include various investment options, as well as a more information about investing in gold and other precious metals.
- Once you’re ready, our precious metal expert will help you fill out the necessary forms to open your account and assist you in transferring a portion of your retirement account into a Self Directed individual retirement account without any sort of IRS penalty.
- You then choose which metals you want to purchase, and then your metals will be sent to a highly secure storage facility and you can rest easy knowing your retirement account is secure from any future volatility.
Rolling over your IRA into gold protects your investment in a number of ways:
- It’s safe from currency devaluations
- Protects against the effects of inflation
- Preserves your retirement against government seizure
When you participate in gold IRA’s, you don’t get a flimsy piece of paper stating you own an interest in gold. Gold ETFs have the drawback of very high operating costs, which do not go away when the price of gold drops. When you start a gold IRA with Goldco, you purchase the actual gold in its physical form, less volatile to market changes.
Our team at Goldco Precious Metals is waiting to help you make the smart choice to diversify your IRA portfolio today. Secure your future in just a few minutes by contacting our team. We’ll provide you with everything you need to know about the gold IRA rollover process from start to finish. After consulting with our experts, you’ll be able to confidently make the right decision about gold IRAs that fits your personal financial needs.