Gold IRA Reviews
So you’ve decided you want to invest in a precious metals IRA. The next step is to choose a custodian for your account. With so many companies out there offering the ability to add precious metals to your IRA, you need to be careful you are working with the right company. Picking the wrong company can be costly as there are strict IRS rules, or worst case scenario the company disappears with your retirement funds overnight. There are some key indicators to look for when choosing a gold IRA company.
- One of the best ways for you to learn about gold and precious metals IRAs is by reading verified reviews of companies offering these types of retirement accounts. Be careful when doing research, as there are many companies that actually own the review sites and they will promote their own company with the site. Look for disclosures on the site that may signal the review site you are on may be owned by another precious metal company or that they are being paid to recommend a certain company. If so, move on and look for unbiased reviews. Consumer Affairs, Trustpilot, BBB, and Trustlink are all very popular review sites that provide unbiased reviews.
- Fee Structure – When choosing a Gold IRA company, make sure you are aware of the fees involved. Flat fees are the best.
- Company History – Companies that have not been in business a very long time are more likely to not be experienced in the IRS rules involved with your precious metals IRA. Goldco has been in the business for over 10 years and helped thousands of individuals secure their retirements with precious metals.
Pros of Gold IRA's
As with any investment, you should do the necessary research before investing your hard-earned money.
- Gold and precious metals are looked at as a safe asset because gold will always have value.
- Gold IRAs provide portfolio diversification that can hedge against inflation. When the stock market is in good standing gold may fall but when the stock market falls, gold investments increase. In this sense, gold investments are used as a stabilizer.
Reading gold IRA reviews can help you find the right specialist for you. When looking for a specialist, look for someone that:
- Specializes in gold IRA‘s.
- When reviewing companies make sure the company is knowledgeable on the subject of gold IRA’s and make sure that the associate that will be taking care of your needs is experienced.
- Make sure the specialist is reputable, and that they have a proven track record.
- But, the most important thing you can do when selecting a gold or precious metal IRA, is to read customer reviews. Customer reviews tend to be unbiased and can help you evaluate a company’s track record.
- Choose a specialist that can assist you with every step of the process, whether it be the eligibility of your metals or the facilities to store gold. Your specialist should be able to point you in the right direction.