- Struck in 999 fine silver
- UK legal tender
- The obverse bears the fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majestry The Queen
- Minted to Bullion standard
- The fifth in a series highlighting the 12-year Lunar calendar
- Eligible for a Precious Metals IRA
Following the success of the previous four years, The Royal Mint is pleased to announce the availability of the 2017 Silver One Ounce Britannia Privy coin, specially designed to celebrate the Chinese ‘Year of the Rooster.’ A symbol of unity, strength and liberty, Britannia has been represented on coinage for almost 2,000 years. In 1987, esteemed sculptor Philip Nathan created a design that was to become the classic Britannia. He presented the iconic Britannia with a strong maritime influence, standing windswept in a classical gown, waves at her feet; trident, shield and olive branch in hand. His elegant and instantly recognisable Britannia still endures more than 25 years later.