- Struck in 999 fine silver
- UK legal tender
- Featuures an obverse design by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark, creator of thelatest definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen on UK coinage
- Minted to Bullion standard
- The sixth in a series highlighting the 12-year Lunar calendar
- Eligible for a Precious Metals IRA
Following the success of the previous five years, The Royal Mint is pleased to announce the availability of the 2018 Silver One Ounce Britannia Privy coin, specially designed to celebrate the Chinese ‘Year of the Dog.’
A symbol of unity, strength and liberty, Britannia has been represented on coinage for almost 2,000 years. In 1987, esteemed sculptor Philip Nathan created a design that was to become the classic Britannia. He presented the iconic Britannia with a strong maritime influence, standing windswept in a classical gown, waves at her feet; trident, shield and olive branch in hand. His elegant and instantly recognisable Britannia still endures more than 25 years later.